TSTA’s English Language Foundation Course provides you the skills required to help you succeed on your chosen program.
This course is a 4 months pre-university qualification in business or computing which includes a significant degree of English language teaching. The qualification is designed to provide you with an entry route to any program in english. To complete the qualification, you must study and pass eight units.
- Developing English Language Skills: develops your English language skills to be able to communicate effectively beyond simple everyday contexts.
- Advanced English Language Skills: enables you to put into practice the language you have acquired and develop into an advanced user of English.
- English for Academic Purposes: develops your understanding and use of the key linguistic skills necessary to engage effectively in an academic environment where you are being taught in English.
- Study and Communication Skills: equips you with the essential study skills needed to succeed at university level
- Culture Studies: enables you to gain awareness and increased understanding of other cultures, with a particular focus on student life and activities.
- Foundation Mathematics: builds upon your existing knowledge in the areas of mathematics whilst introducing new topics appropriate across a range of academic disciplines and for your future career.